Saturday, July 12, 2008

Leaving

I'm leaving my hometown for a bit and heading to a different city for the next week. While there, I'll be trying to quit smoking, I'll probably drink much less, and there's gonna' be less (probably none) uh...self-medicating. Anyway, it'll be a bit of a journey for sure--I haven't been on one in quite some time--and, oh yeah, I won't have much access to the internet, which will also be a big change.

This comes at an interesting time when there have been several observable changes in the aspects/structures of reality that I'm personally acquainted with. One rather large change is that a popular occult site has shut down--one that's been running for many years now, and which I have participated in, although very scantly for the last couple years. At one point I used it as an outlet for some of the stuff I was working on a couple years ago before I kinda' crashed and stopped writing.

It's weird, 'cause I couldn't bring myself to write here for the last few days, and it was largely due to my last post, which is all abstract/philosophical. I didn't really intend for this blog to be only that, but once I wrote it, I felt like I had to write more in the same vein. And I mean, I likely will sooner or later, but I felt like I painted myself into a corner: in essence, I placed a set of limits and boundaries on the structure. And yeah, part of it felt like I had to live up to expectations--entirely self-imposed, apparently--of writing for an audience. But the whole point was to have this space so I could write for myself. So here I am, writing for myself.

Anyway, since I'm kinda' itching to write, but won't be doing so online, I've decided to get back to the pen and paper journaling that I have done off and on in the past--for some stretches much longer than others! So I started writing in a notebook I've had around for years, one I started to work on a magnum opus of mathematics in. It didn't get very far, heh. But I started writing and sketching in it the same night I also started this journal, so I reckon it's much like a companion space to this space, likely more intimate though.

So yeah, I might post a little more on here later tonight--something again more abstract, something I've been working on in the other book--or I might simply take those ideas on vacation with me and see what they look like when I get back.

No comments: